SOUTHWARK BOROUGH FC/SOUTHWARK SPORTS FC.

General Stuff about Bermondsey thats not listed
kiwi

SOUTHWARK BOROUGH FC/SOUTHWARK SPORTS FC.

Postby kiwi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:14 pm

Southwark Borough FC was formed in 1975 as Southwark Sports FC.
Beginning life as a Sunday side, it was not long before the ambitious club had moved onto Saturday football and gained senior status, joining the London Spartan League in 1982, reaching its top division by 1984.
The 1988/89 season saw three significant changes for the club. Firstly, a move was made from the side's home in Dulwich to groundshare with Fisher Athletic at the Surrey Docks Stadium in Bermondsey. Secondly the club changed its name from Southwark Sports FC to Southwark Borough FC, to associate more closely with its real home area.
I can remember a Southwark Sports FC playing in the London Sunday Football League around 1963. I think they where based in or near Chilton Grove, or their secretary lived there.??
Southwark Borough FC was formed in 1975 as Southwark Sports FC.  1  X.png
Southwark Borough FC - Southwark Sports v Chipstead 1987-88 FA Vase Extra Prel. Rd (Name changed 1988).  X.png
Southwark Borough FC/ Southwark Sports v Chipstead
1987-88 FA Vase Extra Prel. Rd.

As the names are not clear I have attempted to post the Southwark Sports Team, apologies if I have got any names wrong. The old eyesight is not so good these days. :roll:

Danny Chevarill, John Verge, Byron Willmott, Tony Valton, capt. Melvin Philips. Tony Hudson, Stefan Soverall, John Wright, Richard Hannon, Trevor Burke. Andy Gayle, Donald Essex, Paul Roth.

kiwi

Re: SOUTHWARK BOROUGH FC/SOUTHWARK SPORTS FC.

Postby kiwi » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:13 am

Not sure if this is the same club as above?,maybe someone will let us know.
Southwark Park.   X.png

Return to “General Postings”