Locked Topics (information only)
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:23 pm
Location: Toronto


Postby Sean.Byrne » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Development of meadowland here took place from 1847, when Brunswick Square was laid out with an area of private communal garden in the centre. It was named after King George IV’s marriage to Caroline, daughter of the Duke of Brunswick. In 1901 Camberwell Borough Council purchased the garden, then divided by a roadway, for a public park, which opened in 1907. Tennis courts and a playground were opened in 1937, and a drinking fountain was donated. The park was refurbished by LB Southwark in 1997-99

1 then.JPG
1-2 Brunswick Park 1968
1-2 Brunswick Park now

The Park

Return to “Camberwell (info. only)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests