TRUNDLEYS ROAD.

Yesterday & Today
How we lived then & How we live now
GSLondon

Re: TRUNDLEYS ROAD.

Postby GSLondon » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:56 am

Great pic, Kiwi. Thank you for your work in finding gems to share and keeping us all reminiscing.

That looks like a mk2 Transit parked on the right, and I am not sure if that is a mk2 Cavalier in the distance on the left, which would suggest the scene may in fact be early 1980s?

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:36 pm

GSLondon wrote:Great pic, Kiwi. Thank you for your work in finding gems to share and keeping us all reminiscing.

That looks like a mk2 Transit parked on the right, and I am not sure if that is a mk2 Cavalier in the distance on the left, which would suggest the scene may in fact be early 1980s?

Hi GSLondon, good to hear from you and thank you for your comments regarding my posts, it’s nice to know that you are enjoying them.
Regarding the date on the picture, you could well be right, to be honest I never really looked at the vehicles, just posted it as it was, not always a good idea.
Regarding the Ford Transit I think they started in 1965, which would have been the MK1, changing in 1977, to the MK2. Not sure about the MK4 Cavalier, came out possibly in the early 1980s? If you are right on the makes of the vehicles, then as you say it would be nearer the 1980s than the 1970s.
Just to throw a spanner in the works and if I am right, the Woodman Pub closed I believe in 1970 and in the picture, it doesn’t look to bad, so If it had been standing empty for ten years, it may have looked a little bit more run down?
Once again thank you for the feed back and please keep looking as sometimes I do make mistakes and when I do it’s good that they are pointed out to me.
Cheers Kiwi (Ray).

GSLondon

Postby GSLondon » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:18 am

Hi Ray, I reckon there are loads of us “lurkers” who check the site for daily updates - and you make us all happy as a result! Thanks for doing so :D

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:15 pm

Trundleys Road, No 206.   1  X..jpg
206 Trundleys Road.

Return to “Buildings & Streets”