Aulay Street

Yesterday & Today
How we lived then & How we live now
kiwi

Re: Aulay Street

Postby kiwi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:29 am

Hi Sue (sueyoung57), welcome to the site and thank you for the information. Regarding the picture, the year, and a copy, unfortunately I cannot help you there as the picture was posted by Mark. My advice is that you could send a private message to Mark through the site asking if he could help you with this information. If you have no luck there you could copy the picture which is on the site into WORD, then print it from there, maybe not such a clear picture but as they say something is better than nothing.
Sue if you do not mind it would be nice if you could let me know where in the picture are your mum Eva and her friend Moyra, then maybe I can put them together, sorry I cannot be of more help.
Cheers Kiwi.

sueyoung57

Postby sueyoung57 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:36 am

Hi kiwi,
Thanks for the information on the street photo, I will private message Mark to see if he can help me.
My mum Eva is crouching down in the front row and above her is the man holding the dog.Moyra her friend is next to her on the left and above her is the man wearing a white shirt with his arms folded.
I have a picture of my mum Eva pushing my sister in the pram and me in a pushchair in Aulay street not sure what year it is maybe I can post this on the site.
Thank you for your help
Kind regards Sue Young

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:56 pm

Re-post of Marks picture above with added information.
A word of thanks to Sue (sueyoung57) for this information.
Aulay Street..png
Sue’s mum Eva is the lady in the middle in front of
the man with the dog, Eva’s friend Moyra is on
the left in front of the man in the white shirt, with his arms crossed.

ytripet

Postby ytripet » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:25 am

Hello.
My Mum grew up in Aulay Street and has been recently googling images of the area. She came across this website and amazingly found these photos, in particular the group photo of everyone together. In the photo she has spotted her Mum and Dad, Harry and Rose Green. Harry had a sister called Wyn Jackson and her husband was Sam Jackson. Does anyone recognise these names, as it would be amazing to get some more info of their history. Many thanks.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:12 am

Hi ytripet, welcome to the site. Great that your Mum as recognised her Mum and Dad. If you could post where in the picture Harry and Rose Green are, I will add them to the picture. With a bit of luck, we might get some more information regarding Wyn Jackson and her husband Sam Jackson plus other people in the photo. Cheers Kiwi.

Colinfranksteer

Postby Colinfranksteer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:13 am

Hi I all so found my mum on the photo last week
My name is colin Steer I lived in the street for 13 years.Your mum and dad was good friend’s of ours.Do you remember me who are you pat or Margaret,I would love to talk to you again soon
My email address is colinfranksteer@gmail.com

Ps is my mate colin still around

sueyoung57

Postby sueyoung57 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:37 pm

kiwi wrote:Re-post of Marks picture above with added information. A word of thanks to Sue (sueyoung57) for this information.
314A9B39-84CE-41E1-92C1-938EFA92A23B.jpeg
[image=][/image]
kiwi wrote:Re-post of Marks picture above with added information. A word of thanks to Sue (sueyoung57) for this information.
Aulay Street..png

These two pictures I have found are of Aulay Street, my mum Eve is the lady pushing my sister in the pram and I am in the pushchair. I think we lived at 5 Aulay street.
Attachments
97FEC84A-6F58-440F-90E2-413C37A720BB.jpeg

Colinfranksteer

Postby Colinfranksteer » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:52 am

Colin and Sue steer lived at no 5 aulay street by the lamp post

Deb Brennan

Postby Deb Brennan » Fri May 05, 2023 1:50 pm

Hi. My nan and grandad were Rose and Harry Green. I can’t make them out in the photo. They had 7 children, John, Roy, Robert, Barry, Colin, Margaret and Patsy. All of us lived in that house at some point.

Return to “Buildings & Streets”