INVILLE ROAD.

Yesterday & Today
How we lived then & How we live now
kiwi

INVILLE ROAD.

Postby kiwi » Fri May 21, 2021 11:21 pm

The Michael Faraday School location can be a little confusing, so I will try to explain, if I am wrong and it will not be the first time, please let me know.
On a lot of the websites, they refer to Michael Faraday School as being in Portland Street, that may be the case now but If my memory serves me right way back the present building was known as Westmoreland Road School, on the corner of what was Westmoreland Road/Portland Street/Faraday Street?
The old Michael Faraday School at that time was located between Inville Road and Mann Street, which I believe was where the main entrance was? The location no longer exists, as the area has been redeveloped. The picture of the school I think was the school in Mann Street/ Inville Road.
Inville Road, pupils of Michael Faraday School, acting the parts of king, queen, and Archbishop of Canterbury in a coronation scene. King George VI was crowned in 1937.   X.png
Pupils of Michael Faraday School, acting the parts of king, queen, and Archbishop of Canterbury in a coronation scene. King George VI was crowned in 1937.
Inville Road & Mann Street, Michael Faraday school, c1952.   X.png
Between Inville Road & Mann Street, Michael Faraday school, c1952.
Inville Road, Michael Faraday School Annex looking across Inville Road into Dawes Street. c.1950s. The school would have been behind the photographer.  X.png
Inville Road, Michael Faraday School Annex looking across Inville Road into Dawes Street, c.1950s. The school would have been behind the photographer.

kiwi

Re: INVILLE ROAD.

Postby kiwi » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:22 am

Inville Road, about 1958-59, Michael Faraday School.  X..jpg
Inville Road, about 1958-59, Michael Faraday School.
Inville Road, Michael Faraday School party.  X..jpg
Inville Road, Michael Faraday School party.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:13 am

Inville Road. Michael Faraday School annexe Miss Parfitts class, 1957-59.  X..png
Inville Road. Michael Faraday School annexe Miss Parfitt’s class, 1957/59.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:59 am

Inville Road, Michael Faraday infant’s playground.  X..png
Inville Road, Michael Faraday infant’s playground.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:01 am

Inville Road 1937. The man’s name was John Clark.   X..png
Inville Road 1937. The man’s name was John Clark.
Inville Road.  1 X..png
Inville Road.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:48 am

Not sure of this but I think this is looking down Inville Road from Alvey Street, with The Gloucester Arms Pub on the right. :?:
Inville Road, from Alvey Street, with The Gloucester Arms Pub on the right.   X..png
1 Alvey Street left, Surrey Grove right. White building was The Gloucester Arms Pub  X.png
White building was The Gloucester Arms Pub.

Fogbrain

Postby Fogbrain » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:15 pm

kiwi wrote:I think this is looking down Inville Road from Alvey Street, with The Gloucester Arms Pub on the right. :?
You've been a Kiwi for too long, Kiwi - the sun still shines from the south back here! :D
This is looking up from Villa Street, with the post office and grocer's on the right.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:54 am

Fogbrain wrote:
kiwi wrote:I think this is looking down Inville Road from Alvey Street, with The Gloucester Arms Pub on the right. :?
You've been a Kiwi for too long, Kiwi - the sun still shines from the south back here! :D
This is looking up from Villa Street, with the post office and grocer's on the right.

Cheers Fogbrain, yes I did have my doubts, so I will go along with you on that. Regarding the Sun, I have been told that since I left it doe's not shine as much in England. :) :roll:

Return to “Buildings & Streets”