THE CUT, WATERLOO.

Yesterday & Today
How we lived then & How we live now
park_town

Re: THE CUT, WATERLOO.

Postby park_town » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:25 pm

Hello kiwi,
how sure are you that this is The Cut.
To me the name board on the right could read G. Kelly.
The text top left says Harris. I know of no Live Eel place called Harris. [Harringtons ?]
M. Manze on Southwark Park Road.jpg
pot in the window
pie-manze-blue-plaque.jpg
hanging bags and square borders on wall

kiwi

Re: THE CUT, WATERLOO.

Postby kiwi » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:55 pm

park_town wrote:Hello kiwi,
how sure are you that this is The Cut.
To me the name board on the right could read G. Kelly.
The text top left says Harris. I know of no Live Eel place called Harris. [Harringtons ?]
M. Manze on Southwark Park Road.jpgpie-manze-blue-plaque.jpg

Hi Park town, thanks for your post. The two pictures you have posted, the shop was in Southwark Park Road, and the shop with the plaque I think is the Peckham shop, but it could be the Tower Bridge Road shop. Neither of these pictures are posted in The Cut so I’m not sure why you are asking, “how sure are you that this is The Cut.”

I’m assuming you could mean the post above, which I have taken on face value as it says The Cut on it, which as we know is not always correct. Obviously if someone comes back with a different location which they know is correct I will repost it in that Topic. Like you I think the board could read G. Kelly, though the letter could be a C, if it is Kelly’s their shops were mainly in East London not in The Cut that I know of. That brings me back to Harris Pie and Mash shop, which was in Roman Road, Bethnal Green, East London as was the G. Kelly’s shop, could they have been associated with Harris :?: , which would account for both names in the picture. Just for the record Harringtons Pie and Mash Shop was in Tooting.
Well, it doesn’t solve the question, but once again thank you for your post.
Kiwi (Ray). :)

Return to “Buildings & Streets”