Hop Picking

Happy Days
kiwi

Re: Hop Picking

Postby kiwi » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:17 am

This might bring back a few memories for people who went hop picking in Yalding. I also went hop picking and lived in this area for many years. I can just add a few things that might help jog the memory. The lorries are parked opposite the Two Brewers Pub (had a few pints in there) to the right was the Post Office and The George Pub (had even more pints in there). Monckton’s farm was right straight through the village and on the right. They were still there in the 1970s as I sometimes met up with them in Paddock Wood, by this time mainly picking up Fruit for the markets. Looking at the loads brings back memories for me, as that was the way I loaded them, and it was bloody hard work.
Yalding, Lees Road, Two Brewers c1930’s.  X..png
Yalding, Lees Road, Two Brewers c1930’s.
Yalding, Kent.  X..png
Yalding, Kent.
Yalding, Two Brewers Pub, we lived near here.  X..png
Yalding, Two Brewers Pub.
YALDING KENT, OPPOSITE THE TWO BREWERS PUB.  X..png
Last edited by kiwi on Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiwi

Re: Hop Picking

Postby kiwi » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:27 am

Hop Picking at Whitbreads Hop Farm, Beltring, Kent. While the family puts the hops into the bin Maureen Stone age 15 years of Rotherhithe does a sitting down job - perhaps it is because she is a typist on holiday. 4th September 1951.
Hop Picking at Whitbreads Hop Farm, Beltring, Kent. Maureen Stone age 15 years of Rotherhithe.   X..png

Return to “Hopping”